The new service from Sample Answers
nVision is Sample Answers’ platform for qualitative groups and IDIs via the web.
Designed by researchers for researchers, it places the respondent at the heart of the research process and requires only a working internet connection. It is browser neutral using only standard web facilities without any hardware compatibility problems and no concerns with privacy or selling-on of interviewer and respondent data. Above all, the quality of video is outstanding for all types of hardware and is particularly impressive when used with mobile smart phones.
It features all the familiar qual-style tools such as whiteboards, marking-up of text or image files and the inclusion of multi-media for testing TV or radio spots. For busy researchers, nVision offers the option of automatically recording every interview, providing clip-editing within a few minutes of the interview ending, ideal for talking heads and vox-pops. Better still, the platform can be configured to provide a transcription of each interview, so you can focus on analysis and report writing. It also features the ability to simultaneously translate the interview/group via a Google application.
For more information on the service contact [email protected] or telephone (+44) 7909 883 007.
For further information click options below:
Our claim that nVision has been designed for research is not only because it provides access to all the tools qualitative work requires but is due to the care with which it provides the right permissions for up to 6 different categories of persons attending a group. They are:
- The moderator who would have access to all tools and be visible to all others.
- A facilitator who would assist by liaising between moderator and client with access to meeting controls and screen share but would not normally be visible to others.
- Presenter who would not normally be there for the whole meeting but would use screen share and would be seen by participants and others
- Participant who would normally be seen and see all others in the group. They would be able to chat with the moderator and use the ‘hands up’ facility with access to whiteboard and other facilities depending upon the project details.
- Shy participant – same as participant but cannot be seen by others only the moderator.
- Observer – normally this would be the client, who would be able to see all but only be seen by the moderator and facilitator. The client would have access to the chat function to the moderator and / or facilitator.
The full details of the permissions available to the various group members are provided in the permissions chart. By allocating the right permissions appropriate to each role the system can provide appropriate (not too little, not too much) functionality for each use case. In particular resources, including the whiteboard and questionnaires can have different functionality and visibility for each role.
Advantages of nVision for IDI’s
nVision is designed to provide as close to a face-to-face experience as possible in these socially distant times and is particularly successful if used via a smart phone.
A simple to use module enables the set-up of the required number of IDIs, providing 3 ‘links’ – one each for the interviewer, the respondent and an observer (if required). Depending upon the support tools required for the project, each link is configured to provide the exact requirement for the interview process.
Other advantages of nVision
- Provides all the necessary tools for qualitative research including whiteboards, marking-up of text or image files and the inclusion of multi-media for testing TV or radio spots.
- offers the option of automatically recording every interview, providing clip-editing within a few minutes of the interview ending, ideal for talking heads and vox-pops.
- It can be configured to transcribe and / or translate each interview group, so researchers can focus on analysis and report writing.
From the research agency perspective there are also unique benefits because the interviews and groups experience can be customised and branded.
Additionally nVision provides a comprehensive API for corporate users to industrialise the process of preparing and processing video interviews, avoiding the overhead of setting up interviews “manually” in a web site or application.
Finally, it is a British product hosted on a UK website!
Note 1: To satisfy GDPR requirements, when the respondent first uses the link they have to tick compliance boxes, confirming their agreement to the form of interview before proceeding.
Note 2: If the interview is recorded, Sample Answers only maintain recordings on file for up to 14 days from completion of the last interview. Clients wishing to retain them for longer will need to download them and store them accordingly.
Sample Answers can also provide a range of project support services including samples of telephone numbers of prospective respondents and questionnaire script writing and hosting.
For further information click below